Breaking News

From the Pros: Best Tool Storage and Transport Ideas

A stack of boxes labeled to show what they contain | Construction Pro Tips

Ditch the Factory Boxes

I’m not a big fan of the cases that power tools come in. Some are OK, but it’s often a battle to get the tool back in the case, and there’s never enough room for accessories. I don’t care for soft cases either because they don’t stack and are hard to label. Instead, I prefer buying aftermarket plastic toolboxes for my storage needs.

I like to keep all the accessories with the tools: router bits go into a box with routers, sanding belts stay with the belt sander, etc. The boxes stack well in your vehicle and are reasonably waterproof. I spray a square of yellow paint on both ends and the top so they’re easy to label, which makes them easy to identify even when they’re stacked. Finally, the cords fit with no fiddling. Besides power tools, these cases are particularly good for corralling small stuff like safety gear, drill bits and work gloves.

– Ken Collier

Shop Now


No comments